Sunday

Just in case you were wondering.....

I'm still here!

So I know these have been long anticipated so here you go... my experience in Europe. They are in no specific order because that takes too long to do.


A cathedral over there in Europe :)


The outside of that cathedral over in Europe!



mmmm .... If I take the square root of 2,348 and divide that by 2.4 and add that to 8 then that should explain why the sun is so bright for JaNae. Seriously, squinting eyes are ridiculous.



Vienna, Austria



Shunbrun Palace....and that was just the side!



I stand on mountains, small hills, and stone walls



Surprise!!



The Front of Shunbrunn Palace.... this was one of the hottest days of our journey.


My idea.... turned out to look pretty dumb.



I felt like Kasey was really close to me.... and come to find out she was.



The beautiful countryside!



The Astronomical Clock.... waited and waited for the hour to strike. Anti-climatic.


First lunch in Europe.... it was all I hoped it would be.


Photo donated by Kasey.... do you see how that statue Moroni just catches the sun just right? Pure perfection really.



One of our many drives through random forests in Europe.



They are worried.... I was not.



St. Charles Bridge



It was weird...one moment I was a tourist, the next I was Cinderella!



Inside St. Vitus Cathedral.... this was my favorite cathedral. Massive huge!



Happy to be in a the Cathedral of St. Vitus.


Wendy, me, and Patrik



Down in the metro...good ole Namesti Miru



View from Mom and Dad's back veranda.


Fun times with the mums and pops



Karlovy Vary...awesome town!! They had special water springs out of the earth. Yes I drank from them too.

The Castle!


I read.


Dachua Concentration camps....the beds where hundreds of prisoners had to sleep. I wanted to lay in one, but there was some rule that said you couldn't.


Guard Tower....



The famous gate to Duchau.



The Castle!!





Who can name that movie....I am 16 going on 17 la la la la la laaaaa



THey are good!



Kasey got caught asking too many questions on the castle premises...torture chamber for her.



Cool street in Europe.



It's not that big of deal guys....it was just a huge 5 ton ball!!



My first confession in a catholic church.... I wonder why the priest never talked back to me? I guess I was forgiven. Was I suppose to leave a tip?



The best bed and breakfast in town!



I was on top of the world....literally, guys I was.


I told you!



That is me!




This is the Eagle Nest....where Hitler took all the special leaders who he wanted to impress.


Wendy and I looking out across the vastness. We imagined we were Adolf looking out over our empire. It was weird...so then we just imagined we were tourists looking out over a beautiful place. That felt normal.




Kasey and I on top of the world...pretty much.


Hitler's Bunker


Who knows what movie this house in on?


The Salt Mine caves...I was the fasted one in my group down the slide!


"The Tunnel" Salt Mine


Our sweet salt mine bum pants


Did you know you can pretty much feed any sheep in Europe? Yep you can.


Going up the tram to to the Salt Mines.



So beautiful...I think I could live in this little town.



The Lake of Shining Waters...... just kind of happened upon it.



We went to a town where it was a LAW that they had to have these metal things above the doors.


In that same town....we decided that we HAD to have a hot dog!


My first prayer kneeling on a bench in a catholic church. I recommend it....it felt a little different than kneeling next to my bed in my bedroom.



Peek-a-boo ....



My 37 Audio Tour..... never again!



Those audio tours were making me kind of loopy...as you can attest in this picture. Yikes!



My first apple struesel thing in Europe...it was free that was the best part.


Can you tell the real statue from the fake one?




The Maze of insanity...and yes I was frustrated and YES I tried to jump up and see where the exit was....and NO it didn't help.


I know this has some cool name like the .... can't remember, but it was cool. I climbed up to the top roof place.



Me among the European...can you spot me?


Just another picture...


Bling Pizza.... tuna + egg = one bite and I'm done!


The temple! Awesome...I was in Germany and the temple session was in Russian. FUN


The STAIRS....5 stories of fun.


Rub Rub....I will go back to the Czech sometime in my life....so they say.



Overlook of Prague....I love the roofs. Those are the red things.



As beautiful and breathtaking as Europe was....there is just something about my homeland!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

K, I didn't know you went to the concentration camp and Hitler's nest!! I'll have to hear more about it. I think you pretty much saw e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g over there...nice overview with pics! Take me and Dave with you next time you go.

Confidence with Corey said...

Wow Janae! Looks like you had an AMAZING time! I would love to go to Europe someday. The "lake of shining waters" picture is my favorite:) Gotta love Anne:)

Jon and Melissa said...

Amazing! I loved every second of it and wished for more. Thanks for not only great pictures but fabulous commentary to go with it. Someday...

Unknown said...

awesome pix, 'nae!

Hoopswim said...

Questions answered: The picture of Moroni caught the sun perfectly! That movie would be The Sound of Music. I believe the more silenced the priest, the bigger the tip... Sound of Music again? You answered the sheep question. I'm thinking the real statue is on the left.. but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure I counted 6 cameras among the European, but if I had to guess just one... perhaps you're the one donning the red shirt. I'm pretty jealous... great pictures. Thanks for sharing... and yes, I guess I do follow your blog. =) Also, what's with the man standing on the top of that 5 ton ball? Is that an optical illusion?